Our COVID-19 Policy
As we prepare to welcome you back into our salon, there are a few things we need to let you know about before you arrive.
Before You Visit Us…
Your appointments will be scheduled on the telephone.
Please come to your appointment alone where possible.
Unfortunately, no magazines will be provided, so please bring with you reading material, and/or tablets if needed.
We cannot store coats or bags without them touching other people’s coats so we ask you to keep your belongings to a minimum when you visit the salon. If you need to bring a coat please bring a plastic bag for it to be placed in while you’re having your appointment.
We will only be offering bottled water to reduce the spread of infection, which you can take home. If you would like a hot drink, please bring one with you.
When You Arrive…
We will kindly ask for you to wait in your car until your appointment time as we can’t really have clients waiting in reception.
When you come in, we will ask you to wash and sterilise your hands thoroughly.
Please remember the two-metre rule, we have done everything in salon to adhere to this.
You will then be provided with protective disposable gloves, masks and gowns.
Should you need to remove your mask to take a drink you can do so once your stylist has all the correct PPE on.
We will try our best not to get colour on your mask if you bring your own, but we cannot be held responsible if this happens.
Our Commitment To You…
In an unprecedented endeavour, we have taken many steps to protect the safety of our team and our clients:
- As a Team, we are taking all the necessary precautions that we can.
- All surfaces including door handles, flushes in our washrooms, etc. will be disinfected regularly using a special medical spray.
- We will be using lots of extra layers of protection for you and our team. This includes high grade masks, gowns, hats, eye protection and visors – we are sorry, but we will sometimes look like we are in a hospital! We have already procured an initial order of relevant PPE, and we aim to surpass the guidelines the NHS will set in due course.
- New air purification and disinfection units – as you know, Covid-19 is an airborne virus and even when simply breathing and speaking infected people can accidentally expose others to risk. To protect you and the team, we have invested in very high specification air purification units of the type commonly used in hospitals in many parts of the World. These purify the and clean the air, and are especially effective against Covid-19.
- Clients at high risk – we are aware that some of you are deemed higher risk patients, e.g. the elderly and people with certain health problems. We will discuss with you when we book your appointment any special requirements you may have and I emphasise your well-being is our number one priority and as a result you may not be able to attend the salon.
- Extra staff training – by the time we are back, ALL of our staff will be expert in the latest methods of caring for our clients. We will make sure that all the work surfaces are cleaned thoroughly between clients.